Winter Warmer (Brew Pub Only Seasonal)
SanTan’s annual Winter Warmer ale is based on a traditional English Old Ale recipe and then spiced with 10 lbs of fresh ginger from our local market. Generous amounts of caramel and roasted malts are added to give Winter Warmer a deep ruby brown hue. The malt is backed by 10 gallons of Arizona orange blossom honey that lends a slightly sweet taste to the big malt flavor with a sting of ginger. Winter Warmer weighs in at 9.5% ABV and will keep Jack Frost from nipping at your nose!
Place your cursor over each title below for a definition.
- Style: Beer style is a term used to differentiate and categorize beers by various factors such as color, flavor, strength or ingredients. English Strong Ale
- Malt:Malt imparts flavor & body to beer. It is made from barley, a cereal similar to wheat. 2-Row, Caramel, Munich , Special Roast, Victory, Wheat, Roasted malt, Chocolate Malt
- Hops:Hops are the female flower clusters of a hop species, used primarily as a flavoring and stability agent for beer to which they impart a bitter, tangy flavor. Columbus
- Yeast:Brewer's yeast is made from a one-celled fungus called Saccharomyces cerevisiae and is used to make beer. House yeast
- OG:The Original Gravity measured before the commencement of fermentation...The Plato degree is how it is measured. 20.5
- ABV:Alcohol by volume is a standard measure of how much alcohol is contained in an alcoholic beverage. 9.5%
- Color:Standard Reference Method or SRM is a system modern brewers use to measure color intensity. Ruby Brown
- IBU:IBU stands for International Bittering Unit - the scale used to measure hop bitterness in beer. 25
- Share Tweet