Mr. Pineapple (April-Aug Seasonal)
Winner of a silver medal at the 2011 Great American Beer Festival competition, Mr. Pineapple was originally conceived for SanTan Brewing Company’s annual Luau Day. Hazy straw gold in color, we add natural pineapple juice to a traditional wheat beer creating a refreshing tropical flavor. The pineapple is balanced with a firm malt character and a slightl hint of clove. Mr. Pineapple is the perfect way to beat the heat on a warm summer day!
Place your cursor over each title below for a definition.
- Style: Beer style is a term used to differentiate and categorize beers by various factors such as color, flavor, strength or ingredients. Pineapple Wheat
- Malt:Malt imparts flavor & body to beer. It is made from barley, a cereal similar to wheat. White Wheat, 2-Row, and Munich malt
- Hops:Hops are the female flower clusters of a hop species, used primarily as a flavoring and stability agent for beer to which they impart a bitter, tangy flavor. Columbus/ CTZ
- Yeast:Brewer's yeast is made from a one-celled fungus called Saccharomyces cerevisiae and is used to make beer. German Wheat
- OG:The Original Gravity measured before the commencement of fermentation...The Plato degree is how it is measured. 13 ºPlato
- ABV:Alcohol by volume is a standard measure of how much alcohol is contained in an alcoholic beverage. 5%
- Color:Standard Reference Method or SRM is a system modern brewers use to measure color intensity. Hazy Straw Gold
- IBU:IBU stands for International Bittering Unit - the scale used to measure hop bitterness in beer. 15
- Share Tweet